DISCprofile Website Launches
Personality Profile Solutions' DISC®profile Award Winning Website Launches . . . a Kentico MVC Project by High Monkey!
November 30, 2020
DISC®profile website receives January 2021 'Site of the Month' Award from Kentico Software. Read the announcement from Kentico!
ORIGINAL WEBSITE LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT
High Monkey is proud to announce the launch of the DISC®profile website - designed and built by High Monkey for Personality Profile Solutions ('PPS'). PPS delivers the DISC®profile training and development tool via www.discprofile.com. Personality Profile Solutions ('PPS') is based in Minneapolis Minnesota and has been a High Monkey client since 2016.
The DISC®profile website was originally re-designed and built by High Monkey using the Kentico Portal engine in 2019. Subsequent project phases included the build-out of full e-commerce capabilities, tax functionality implementation, and multi-lingual options. High Monkey re-developed the newly launched DISC®profile website using the Kentico Software MVC development model. PPS, with guidance from High Monkey, decided to embrace MVC development in order to provide 'forward-compatibility' and code re-use for multiple websites.
Notable MVC development efforts by High Monkey included:
- A 'Transformable Widget' - this content widget allows content and images to be displayed in multiple views with a variety of columns and image placements
- A flexible content model that allows for the addition of content sections and content directly within the page
- The merging of a pre-exiting Canadian DISC®profile website into a single North American website for DISC®profile information and purchases
- A consolidation of the Kentico website platform for both the DISC®profile website and PPS' TalentGear website
- Custom Integration of tax models for both Canadian and US online purchases
- Extending the e-commerce model to include product 'bundling'
- The build-out of a customized guest checkout model
- Development around an asynchronous model to load page data in the background and improve page load times
- Creation of custom product codes and multi-lingual product options in English, French, and Spanish
- Customization and optimization of the Cludo search platform for products, blog posts, and DISC®profile content
The PPS Team was pleased to find that Kentico's new page editor delivers a much improved user interface. Content widgets and Sections were improved, making them simultaneously more 'free form' while including controls in the development side that will only allow content to be added in a way that will display correctly. The PPS Team also appreciated that the new editor allows widgets to be moved to create custom page layouts without affecting site-wide templates.
Earlier this year, High Monkey also built and launched a Kentico MVC website for PPS to deliver their Talent Gear tools for the planning, assessment, hiring, and retention of talented people within organizations via the www.talentgear.com website.
The DISC®profile website project has been a 10-month effort by the High Monkey and PPS Teams. Again, our congratulations to PPS on the launch of their new DISC®profile website.
High Monkey's Website Launches
by High Monkey | August 05, 2021
The newest version of High Monkey's website has launched. It was a lot of work and we're darn proud of it!Read more
Talentgear Website Launches
by High Monkey | November 30, 2020
A Kentico MVC Project by High Monkey for Personality Profile Solutions in Minneapolis Minnesota.Read more
Royal Credit Union Wins CUNA Diamond Award
by High Monkey | June 10, 2020
High Monkey congratulates the Royal Credit Union marketing team on winning a 2020 CUNA Diamond Award for their new website!Read more